Michael Moye, co-creator of Married...With Children also served as a writer and director on the series.
|Full Name:||Michael George Moye|
|Born:||August 11, 1954|
|Birthplace:||New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.|
|Occupation:||TV show writer, producer, director, and photographer|
|Known for:||also served as writer for "The Jeffersons", "Diff'rent Strokes", "227", and "Silver Spoons", amongst other TV projects|
|Spouse(s):||Rose Jackson Moye (1996-present)|
|Character/Appearance on MWC:||Himself, in numerous cameo appearances|
|Series inolved with:||Married... with Children|
|Job with series:||Series co-creator with Ron Leavitt, also co-executive producer|
In his television career Michael Moye (born August 11, 1954) has written for shows such as The Jeffersons, Diff'rent Strokes, Good Times, and 227 and also produced It's Your Move and The Jeffersons. His best known work is likely with Married with Children, created alongside Ron Leavitt for the fledgling FOX TV network.
The co-creator and early writer of MWC with Ron Leavitt, Michael essentially left television altogether when he left the series in 1992.
Moye began his career in 1977 with a staff writing position on Good Times. Between 1979 and 1984 he wrote for The Jeffersons, and in 1982 he co-developed Silver Spoons, which ran for five seasons. He also co-developed both It's Your Move and 227, the latter under an assumed name.
Married... with ChildrenEdit
Married... with Children, created by Michael and Ron Leavitt in 1987 for the FOX network, was called an "anti-family" series, but immediately became a hit, running for eleven seasons and being credited with keeping the fledgling Fox network "in the black for five or six years." Moye was a producer and a writer on the show for most of its run, and had a hand in writing a series-leading 25 episodes as well as having a few cameo appearances on screen.
Characters on Married...With ChildrenEdit
- Man in elevator (with Ron Leavitt) - One Down, Two to Go
- Young Zeke - "Route 666: Part 1"
- Amos n' Andrew (poster, with Ron Leavitt) - "Kelly Does Hollywood, Part II" and "No Pot To Pease In"
- Black Cop, White Girl (poster) - "Kelly Does Hollywood, Part II"
- Nearby Dog (voice) - "England Show, Part I"
- Man in Bondage Club Theatre - "The England Show, Part II: Wastin' the Company's Money"
- Man on the street listening to Al's rant - "The Chicago Wine Party"
Moye retired from television altogether in 1995 and is now a photographer as well as an avid coral reef aquarium hobbyist.
- ↑ "Me". Moye's Reef. http://22.214.171.124/assorted/Me.html. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- ↑ "Married... with Children". Museum of Broadcast Communications. http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/M/htmlM/marriedw/marriedw.htm. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- ↑ "'Married ... With Children' Co-Creator Dies". Zap2It.com. http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-ronleavittobit,0,1748945.story. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- ↑ "Crew Members". Bundyology. http://bundyology.com/crew.html. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- ↑ "Guest Cast". Bundyology. http://bundyology.com/guest.html. Retrieved 2008-03-08. "Moye, Michael G. * Young Zeke (522), Voice of Nearby Dog (624)"