J.J. Johnston in "Things Change" in 1988
|General Actor Information|
|Birth Name:||James William Johnston|
|Birthplace:||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Appeared on:||Married... with Children|
|Character/Appearance on MWC:||Happy/Louie/Security Guard / Bebe/ Drill Instructor (SSG. Fletcher)|
|Episodes appearances:|| "Where's the Boss?" (Season 1)|
"Luck of the Bundys" (Season 8)
"No Pot To Pease In" (Season 9)
"The Hood, the Bud and the Kelly (Part 2)"(Season 10)
J.J. Johnston (born James William Johnston, October 24, 1933) is an veteran theater and film actor, as well as a boxing historian and writer. J.J. appears on Married... with Children as toy store owner Happy in the season 1 episode "Where's the Boss?", Louie, one of three ex-con acquaintances of Jefferson D'Arcy, who engage in a poker game with he and Al in the Season 8 episode titled "Luck of the Bundys" and then as a security guard on the set of the fictional "Pease in a Pod" TV series in the Season 9 episode "No Pot To Pease In" , mob henchman Bebe in the season 10 episode "The Hood, The Bud and The Kelly Part II" and as the drill instructor, SSG Fletcher, in Season 11's "T*R*A*S*H" .
Johnston, a former amateur boxer, is the author of several books on the history of boxing.
- Babyface and Pop, with Nick Beck (2011)
- Chicago Boxing (Images of Sports), with Sean Curtin and David Mamet (2005) ISBN 978-0-7385-3210-3
- Chicago Amateur Boxing (Images of Sports), with Sean Curtin (2006) ISBN 978-0-7385-4138-9
J.J. has made appearances in numerous films, which include Fatal Attraction and The Principal (1987), Things Change (1988) Homicide (1991), JFK starring Kevin Costner (1991), Wikipedia:K-911 starring Jim Belushi (1999), and *Lakeboat (2000)
He is, by his own admission, "fluent in Mametese".
- 1983-84 - New York Theatre World Award - Outstanding New Talent in "American Buffalo"
- 1986 - Bay Area Critics Award - Outstanding Supporting Performance by an Actor in the play Glengarry Glen Ross.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|