Al the temporary umpire of "Homplate Athletic Shoes" in "Tis Time to Smell the Roses" in Season 7 of MWC.
| Season 7, Episode # 23 |
Number (#154) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Charlene Tilton|
|Original airdate||May 2, 1993|
|IMDb||Tis Time to Smell the Roses|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Til Death Do Us Part"||"Old Insurance Dodge"|
Tis Time to Smell the Roses was the 23rd episode of Season 7 of Married... with Children, also the 154th overall episode of the series. Directed by Gerry Cohen and written by Kevin Curran, the episode originally on FOX, premiering on May 2, 1993.
Al plans on taking early retirement, but Peggy spends too much money shopping and he must get a job at Homeplate Athletic Shoes. He tries to buy the store, but fails thanks to Peg. He buys lottery tickets with the rest of the money ($6,000), but loses and ends up back in his old job.
Al takes a $12,000 offer for early retirement from the shoe store, but Peggy finds the money and spends all of it in one hour by shopping. Al is forced to go back to work where he hears opportunity knocking with a chance to buy a shoe store called "Home Plate Athletic Shoes." Meanwhile, Charlene Tilton visits the Bundy house trying to sell them an "Abdomenizer."
Guest stars/Recurring castEdit
- Cast regulars
- Charlene Tilton as Herself
- Susan Peretz as Ms. Blaub
- Peter Jason as Manager
- Shanga Parker as Habib #1 (as S. Kyle Parker)
- Ted Davis as Habib #2
- The title of this episode is a reference to the idiom "Take time to stop and smell the roses"
- Al mentions early on that he's had a cold for three days. In fact, Ed O'Neill actually did have a cold during the filming of this episode. (His voice is noticeably raspy.) The line about his having a cold was written in to the script at the last minute to cover this up.
- Shanga Parker, who previously Bud's fraternity brother, Ahmed in Frat Chance plays Habib #1 in this episode.
- Charlene Tilton, an actress best known for her role as Lucy Ewing on the primetime drama series, Dallas, plays herself in the episode.
- As revealed in this episode, Al earns $ 12,000 a year.