The Bundys are on display -- in the episode "The Great Escape" in Season 2 of MWC.
| Season 2, Episode # 18 |
Number (#31) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Amanda Bearse|
David Garrison (credit only)
Hope Marie Carlton
|Writer(s)||Ellen L. Fogle|
|Original airdate||February 21, 1988|
|IMDb||The Great Escape|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Peggy Loves Al, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"||"Impo-Dent"|
The Great Escape is the 18th episode of season 2 of Married... with Children, also the 31st overall episode in the series. Directed by Linda Day, and written by Ellen L. Fogle, the episode premiered on FOX on February 21, 1988.
Kelly is grounded for getting poor grades in school, and must stay with her family at the shoe store while the house is being fumigated for termites, prompting Kelly to plan an escape so she can go see a concert.
The second season's eighteenth episode has Bud dropping Kelly right in it over her school grades, causing her to be grounded on a night when she has concert tickets for "the greatest band ever" once again. Kelly determination to bust out runs up against her father's penny-pinching ways, as Al decides, when the family has to spend a night away from home due to termites in the house, to put them up not in a hotel, but at the shoe store. Kelly does show resilience in her continued efforts to break out, and eventually succeeds - and is last seen being chased by the mall's security Doberman.
Recurring cast/Guest starsEdit
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades (credited only)
- Cliff Bemis as Termite Boss
- Buck as Buck Bundy the Dog
- Hope Marie Carlton as Heather
- Teri Weigel as Jade
- Barbara Lee-Belmonte as Trish (as Barbara Belmonte)
- Kim Anderson as Jackie
- Barbara Schillaci as Mitzi
Note: David Garrison does not appear in this episode.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the 1963 action film of the the same name.
- Cliff Bemis, who plays the Termite Boss in this episode, would later return to MWC in the season 11 episode "Requiem for a Chevyweight, Part 1" as Al's father during a flashback (though he is only heard and shown from the back).
- Neither Steve nor Marcy appear in this episode.