Al gets interviewed on TV as he and Jefferson transforms the shoe store into a "70's themed" store, in the episode "Shoeway to Heaven" in Season 8 of MWC..
| Season 9, Episode # 1 |
Number (#184) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Tawny Kitaen|
|Writer(s)||Nancy Steen & Carl Studebaker|
|Original airdate||September 4, 1994|
|IMDb||Shoeway to Heaven|
|← Previous||Next →|
| "Kelly Knows Something"|
(Season 8 finale)
|"Driving Mr. Boondy"|
Shoeway to Heaven wis the 184th overall series episode of Married... with Children also premiere episode of Season 9 of the series. Directed by Gerry Cohen and written by Nancy Steen and Carl Studebaker, the episode originally aired on FON-TV on September 4, 1994.
Al and Jefferson decide to cash in on 1970s nostalgia by selling shoes from that period.
- Note: Katey Sagal does not appear in this episode due to childbirth. Only her voice is heard over the phone.
Peg has moved to Wanker County temporarily to look after her mom, who has suffered a heart attack. After finding a box of old shoes, Al and Jefferson turn the shoe store into a 1970s-themed retro shoe store, which is highly successful at first. Meanwhile, Kelly gets stung multiple times while filming a Verminator commercial, the effects of which acts as a truth serum, making her reveal what she really thinks about herself and her family.
- Tawny Kitaen as Dominique
- John Bloom as Billy Ray Wetnap
- Richard Stahl as Shoemaker
- Barbara Sammeth as Woman #1
- Jodi Taffel as Woman #2
- Rosie Taravella as Woman #3
- Terry Murphy as Herself
- The title of this episode is a reference to the 1971 song "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zepplin
- At the end of the episode, as Al patches up the hole, the text "In loving memory of James Maura" appears on the screen. James Maura was a costumer for MWC who responsible for dressing up the male actors. He had passed in June of 1994, 3 months before the airing of this episode.
- Katey Sagal appears sparingly in the first four episodes of this season due to the birth to her daughter Sarah in August, 1994. Peg is said to be away taking care of her ailing mother in Wanker County, and her scenes consist of her making phone calls home. In this episode, only her voice is heard on screen.
- For this season, a new set of clips with the actors is used in the opening. Also for Ted McGinley, it now read: "And Ted McGinley as Jefferson D'Arcy"
- During the fashion show Dominique falls off the stage when a heel breaks off the shoe she was wearing. The shoemaker comes out from the backroom and is told that one of his shoes broke. However, the model is shown walking off with a pair of the original shoes that Jefferson gave her in exchange for promoting the store earlier in the episode.