Kelly and her cheerleader girlfriends vie for the affections of the Polk High football star, who sets to break all of Al's recornds in the episode "" in Season 3 of MWC.
| Season 3, Episode # 3 |
Number (#38) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Amanda Bearse|
|Writer(s)||Pamela Wick & Susan Cridland & Carl Studebaker|
|Original airdate||November 27, 1988|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"I'm Going to Sweatland"||"The Camping Show"|
Poke High is the third episode of season 3 of Married... with Children, also the 38th overall episode in the series. Directed by Gerry Cohen, and written by Pamela Wick & Susan Cridland & Carl Studebaker, the episode premiered on FOX on November 27, 1988.
Al tries to keep a Polk High School boy from breaking his football record while Kelly tries to get a date with him during a game.
In this episode, one of Al's few remaining pleasures in life, his recollection and reminisces on his time as a high school football star, is in jeopardy, as there's a young gun at Polk High who's on the verge of breaking his record. Al does his very best to sabotage his young rival, whilst Kelly is desperate to get the boy's attention for reasons of her own.
Recurring cast/Guest starsEdit
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- Beau Dremann as Matt
- Cynthia Songé as Ms. Mount
- Ria Pavia as Kitty
- Carey Eidel as Mr. Groggs
- Gregory White as Coach (as Greg White)
- Alan Bates as Football Player (uncredited)
- Frank Foti Jr. as Referee (uncredited)
- The Polk High Dots are playing their rivals, another football team named The Aryans. "Aryan" is a common word in white power terminology. Throughout the game, the last names of some of the Aryan players are visible; you also hear the Polk High game announcer referring to several of the Aryan players by their last names. All of the names visible or announced are the names of senior officials or high-ranking military officers in the Nazi regime of Adolf Hitler during World War II.
- This is the only episode in which the Bundys' phone number is displayed. (555-2878)