Both Marcy and Peg get excited after being convinced that they had a run in with Elvis at the mall in the episode "I'm Going to Sweatland" in Season 3 of MWC.
| Season 3, Episode # 2 |
Number (#37) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Amanda Bearse|
Paul L. Casey
|Writer(s)||Pamela Wick & Susan Cridland & Carl Studebaker|
|Original airdate||September 20, 1988|
|IMDb||I'm Going to Sweatland|
|← Previous||Next →|
| "He Thought Could" |
(Season 3 premiere)
I'm Going to Sweatland is the second episode of season 3 of Married... with Children, also the 37th overall episode in the series. Directed by Gerry Cohen, and written by Pamela Wick & Susan Cridland & Carl Studebaker, the episode premiered on FOX on September 20, 1988.
Peg becomes completely obsessed with Elvis Presley when she sees a man who looks like The King at the mall, and sees his image in a sweat stain on one of Al's shirts.
In this episode, Peg develops another of her sure-fire, get-rich-quick schemes in the second episode of the fourth season. She believes she sees "The King" at the mall, and 'discovers' that Al has sweated a 'perfect' silhouette of Elvis onto a shirt. Other Elvis fans begin to make pilgrimages to the Bundy home, and Peg finally has the attention, and money, she craves.
Recurring cast/Guest starsEdit
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- Nancy Skelton as Dottie
- Justine Lenore as Edna
- Michelle Milantoni as Margo
- Rawley Valverde as Alejandro
- Ron Stein as Elvis outside shoe store
- Tifni Twitchell as Mrs. Webstock
- Ken Minyard as Ollie
- Robert Arthur as Lew (as Bob Arthur)
- Paul L. Casey as Elvis #1
- This is a parody of the frequently heard "I'm going to Graceland" or "I'm going to Disney world"
- Peggy mentions Youngstown, Ohio. This is Ed O'Neill's hometown.
- Katey Sagal met Elvis in real live as her father Boris Sagal directed a movie with Elvis.