Al ogles one the models in a lingere store in the episode "Her Cups Runneth Over" in Season 3 of MWC.
| Season 3, Episode # 6 |
Number (#41) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Amanda Bearse|
|Writer(s)||Marcy Vosburgh & Sandy Sprung|
|Original airdate||January 15, 1989|
|IMDb||Her Cups Runneth Over|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"A Dump of My Own"||"The Bald and the Beautiful"|
Her Cups Runneth Over is the sixth episode of season 3 of Married... with Children, also the 41st overall episode in the series. Directed by Gerry Cohen, and written by Marcy Vosburgh & Sandy Sprung, the episode premiered on FOX on January 8, 1989.
Peg becomes depressed on her birthday when her favorite bra is discontinued. Al and Steve discover that Peggy's favorite bra is still being sold at a lingerie store called Francine's of Wisconsin.
When Peg's bra breaks, she has to hunt around for a replacement, and even with Marcy's aid, the model she's always known and loved is simply not available in any Chicago store. So, to cheer up Peg on her birthday, Al and Steve travel to "Francine's of Hollywood," lingerie shop in Wisconsin where lies the solution to Peggy's clothing crisis: a missing bra, and, among the many other delights, he find the elusive undergarment, and buys several, to ensure Peg won't run out again! Meanwhile, Marcy tries to cheer up Peggy in her way by hiring a male stripper.
Recurring cast/Guest starsEdit
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- Buck as Buck Bundy, the dog
- Tally Chanel as Corky
- April Wayne as Muffy
- Devin DeVasquez as Vicky
- Lynne Austin as Peaches
- Deron McBee as Policeman
- Bill Smillie as Pops
- The series and the fledgling Fox network were little known until the season three episode "Her Cups Runneth Over", which Michigan housewife and "family values" activist Terry Rakolta found so offensive that she began a letter-writing campaign to the show's sponsors, to try to get them to withdraw their sponsorship and for Fox to drop the show. This led to the Rakolta Boycot . A few sponsors did cancel their commercials, but her efforts had exactly the opposite effect to that which she wanted: the story spread like wildfire and resulted in a huge jump in the ratings for the show. It made "Married with Children" a major hit and put Fox Network on the map.
- The title is a play on the phrase "My Cup Runneth Over," which comes from Psalm 23 in the Old Testament, and also refers to the cups of a bra.
- The song that Peg sings at the beginning of the episode is "Respect" by Aretha Franklin.
- As revealed in this episode, Peg favorite bra is the Fancy Figure 327
- The town Al and Steve visit to find a bra for Peggy, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, really exists, although no store called Francine's is there.
- The lingerie store Al and Steve visit, Francine's of Hollywood, is most likely a reference to Fredericks of Hollywood, a popular lingerie store that was a staple in American malls until its closure in 2015, though the company still has an online store.
- Lynn Austin, who plays Peaches, the woman who Al uses to compare Peg's cup size, was Playboy's Playmate of the Month July 1986 and the original model for the restaurant chain, Hooter's
- Devin DeVasquez, who plays Vicky, the woman who removes her bra in front of Al, was Playboy's Playmate of the Month June 1985
- When Al is looking at Vicky, during the close ups of Al looking, the female salesperson can be seen in the background constantly looking at Al and Vicky. When the camera pans out as Al faints, the salesperson is looking at the register and then turns towards Al's direction.
- When Al is looking at Vicky and the camera is close up to him, the image of what appears to be a thumb can be briefly seen on the right side of the screen.