With Peg and Marcy to "encourage" him, Al prepares for a rematch game between old high school rivals in "Dud Bowl" in Season 9 of MWC.
| Season 9, Episode # 10 |
Number (#193) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||E.E. Bell|
John S. Reynolds
Chuck Le Fever
|Taping date||November 4, 1994|
|Original airdate||November 13, 1994|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"No Pot To Pease In"||"A Man For No Seasons"|
Dud Bowl was the 193rd overall series episode of Married... with Children also the 10th episode of Season 9 of the series. Directed and Gerry Cohen and written by Kim Weiskopf, the episode originally aired on FOX-TV on November 13, 1994.
When Al and the guys have a wake for a former high school football teammate, a group of guys from a rival high school challenges them to the decide the ultimate Chicago city champion. Guest appearances by former NFL All-Pro players Bubba Smith, Lawrence Taylor, and Ken Stabler.
After the funeral of a former football teammate at the Bullpen Sports Bar, an old rival, named Jack Franklin, who was a halfback for George S. Patton High, Polk High's biggest rival team, which, like Polk High, had been undefeated until they met in the city championship one year, challenges Al and his former team from Polk High into a grudge football match between them. But Al ends up being turned into a tackling dummy by ringers Bubba Smith, Lawrence Taylor, Ken Stabler and John Reynolds on the opposing team.
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy D'Arcy
- Ted McGinley as Jefferson D'Arcy
- Buck the Dog as Buck Bundy
- E.E. Bell as Bob Rooney
- Bubba Smith as Himself
- John S. Reynolds as Himself
- Ken Stabler as Himself
- Lawrence Taylor as Himself
- Stan Ivar as Jack Franklin
- Drew Pillsbury as Thad
- Dean Norris as Rodent
- Chuck Le Fever as Speedy (as Chuck Lefever)
- The title of this episode is a reference to "Bud Bowl" a stop motion promotion used by Budweiser during the Super Bowl from the late 80s into mid 1990s
- The funeral in the opening scene is that of Al's former Polk High football teammate Skippy, who was previously seen in the episode "Hood in the Boyz"
- Former NFL player Bubba Smith plays one of ringers for the opposing team. He had previously appeared on Married with Children in the season 5 episode All Night Security Dude as Al's former high school rival, "Spare Tire" Dixon
- After Al catches the ball and is thrown by 24 and 10, part of a tumbling mat can be seen behind the two players as they catch Al and toss him behind them.