Al shows genuine grief - over the loss of his bowling ball in "But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy".
| Season 1, Episode # 3 |
Number (#3) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Thomas Hill|
J. Jay Saunders
|Original airdate||April 19, 1987|
|IMDb||But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Thinnergy"||"Whose Room Is It Anyway"|
But I Didn't Shoot The Deputy was the third episode of Season 1 of the FOX TV series Married... with Children, as well as the 3rd overall episode. Written by Ron Burla, the episode was directed by Linda Day and first aired on FOX on April 19, 1987.
The neighborhood has a local robber on the loose. Steve and Marcy get a guard dog named Bella after their house is robbed, Al buys a gun to protect his home. A noise in the night puts both defenses to the test.
Full episode summaryEdit
To be added.
- Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
- Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
- Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
- David Faustino as Bud Bundy
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- But I Didn't Shoot The Deputy is the second line of Bob Marley's classic reggae song "I Shot the Sheriff".
- Bella is never actually seen on screen.
- This is the first time the audience gets a glimpse at the Rhoades' backyard.
- Steve mentions the incident of Al shooting Bella again in "Where's the Boss?".
- Steve and Marcy's dog wasn't named after the actor Bela Lugosi as Al suggests, but after the New York feminist politician Bella Abzug who was very active in the seventies and known for her pugnacious attitude and large hats. She was a Democrat (though, Marcy mentions in later episodes that she herself is a Republican).
- The people at the funeral hum "Amazing Grace".
- Bundy Living Room/Kitchen
- Al & Peggy's Bedroom
- Rhoades' Backyard
- But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy at the Internet Movie Database
- But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy on Bundyology
- But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy - Illustrated Transcript on albundy.net
- #03 But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia
|Season 1 Episodes|
| Pilot • Thinnergy • But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy • Whose Room Is It Anyway • |
Have You Driven a Ford Lately? • Sixteen Years and What Do You Get • Married... without Children •
The Poker Game • Peggy Sue Got Work • Al Loses His Cherry • Nightmare on Al's Street •
Where's the Boss? • Johnny Be Gone