Al shows genuine grief - over the loss of his bowling ball in "But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy" in Season 1 of MWC.
| Season 1, Episode # 3 |
Number (#3) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Ritch Shydner|
|Original airdate||April 19, 1987|
|IMDb||But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Thinnergy"||"Whose Room Is It Anyway"|
But I Didn't Shoot The Deputy was the third episode of season 1 of the FOX series Married... with Children, as well as the 3rd overall episode. Written by Ron Burta, the episode was directed by Linda Day. It first aired on FOX on April 19, 1987.
This, the third episode of season one, finds the Rhoades getting a dog (which we the audience never actually see), a Doberman named Bella, which is accidentally shot by Al, who mistakes it for a prowler.
Guest stars/Recurring castEdit
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- Ritch Shydner as Luke Ventura
- Buck as Buck Bundy
- Thomas Hill as Muldoon
- Frank Lloyd as Norris
- J. Jay Saunders as Bronson
- Bob Marley's classic reggae number "I Shot the Sheriff " with its following line "But I Didn't Shoot The Deputy" provides the title here.
- Steve and Marcy's dog wasn't named after the actor Bela Lugosi, but after the New York feminist politician Bella Abzug who was very active in the seventies and known for her pugnacious attitude and large hats.
- See the trivia of Season 2 Episode 4 for a possible continuity explanation with this episode.