Striking Al gets interviewed by former MLB player turned broadcaster Joe Morgan over the salary between the nudie bar league players and the team owners in "A Man For No Seasons" in Season 9 of MWC.
| Season 9, Episode # 11 |
Number (#194) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||E.E. Bell|
Dan Tullis, Jr.
|Original airdate||November 13, 1994|
|IMDb||A Man For No Seasons|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Dud Bowl"||"I Want My Psycho Dad (Part 1)"|
A Man For No Seasons was the 193rd overall episode of Married... with Children also the 10th episode of Season 9. Directed and Amanda Bearse and written by Kim Weiskopf, the episode originally aired on FOX-TV on November 13, 1994.
When Major League Baseball goes on a strike, NO MA'AM organizes their own league sponsored by nudie bars and their owners.
When Major League Baseball goes on a strike because of disagreement between players and owners, Al and NO MA'AM come up with a brainstorm idea; they organize their own league sponsored by nudie bars! They are very successful, but finally they also go on strike, due to a dispute over player salaries, which mirrors the MLB Players strike. This episode is a take on the strike that ended the 1994 MLB Season during the early summer of that uncompleted season.
This is a parody of the play based on the life of Thomas More - "A Man For All Seasons" - with the added aspect of the baseball season, or rather lack thereof.
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy D'Arcy
- Ted McGinley as Jefferson D'Arcy
- Buck the Dog as Buck Bundy
- E.E. Bell as Bob Rooney
- Dan Tullis, Jr. as Officer Dan
- Mike Piazza as Himself
- Bret Saberhagen as Himself
- Danny Tartabull as Himself
- Frank Thomas as Himself
- Dave Winfield as Jack Franklin
- Joe Morgan as Thad
- Pat Millicano as Sticky
- The title of this episode is a reference to the play and 1966 film "A Man for All Seasons"
- This was the first appearance of the recurring NO MA'AM member Ike.
- During the end credits, part of it reads "For Rocco - April 19, 1979 - October 23, 1994 - Purr, Purr, Purr"